Information about our organization and websites
Types of information we collect and use
In this policy, “personal information” or “personal data” means information about an identifiable individual that is subject to protection under the law in the jurisdiction in which you reside. In some jurisdictions, “personal information” or “personal data” will not include business contact information.
How we collect information from you
The Ignition Technology Websites collect information through a variety of different ways and for different purposes. We use this information to contact you about the solutions and services on our site in which you have expressed interest. We may also use your contact information to send you information about other Ignition Technology solutions and services as well as promotional material that may be of interest to you from some of our vendors. If you do not want to receive these promotional announcements, you may opt-out when you provide us with contact information or at any time after you register by updating your preferences (see the Opt-Out section below).
Ignition Technology Websites automatically collect technical information about your visit (such as browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, internet protocol (IP) addresses, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp).
We use third parties to provide information about visitors to our websites. When you visit our website, we will record your IP address. This address will be matched against public and proprietary IP address databases to provide us with information about your visit. This information may identify the organisation to whom the IP address is registered but not individuals. In some limited cases i.e. single person companies, it may be possible to identify personal data from publicly available ICANN data.
Other than the aforementioned ways of obtaining data we may obtain information about you from third party sources, such as public databases, data service companies, social media platforms, third party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally permitted or required to disclose such information to us.
Communications from Ignition Technology
From time to time we will contact you about Ignition Technology solutions and services as well as promotional material that may be of interest to you from some of our vendors. Please note that we do not provide your email address to our vendors. We will also send you information on new solutions, services, events and general information. If you do not want to receive this information, you can opt-out of receiving future mailings (see Opt-Out section below).
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, Sales Insights, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You can sign up for these newsletters from us on our preference centre landing page. You may unsubscribe at any time (see Opt-Out section below).
Not Disclosure of personal data
Ignition Technology does not disclose personal data with third parties for their own use without your permission. However, in some cases, Ignition Technology may be required to share information as a result of applicable law. For example, Ignition Technology may be required to disclose information as a result of a court order, subpoena or warrant. In addition, we may, subject to applicable law, voluntarily provide information in order to assist in a law enforcement investigation or where the disclosure is necessary to protect our systems, our business or the rights of others.
Cookies and other digital markers
Cookies are small text files that are placed on to your computer by websites that you visit. They are used to make websites work, to improve efficiency of websites, to improve the user’s experience and to provide usage information on websites. This information should make your website visits more productive by storing and using information on your website preferences and habits.
Your web browser can choose whether or not to accept cookies. Most web browser software is initially set up to accept them.
We may offer cookies to you and you should ensure that your web browser is set up to not accept cookies if you do not wish to receive them. Please note that if you disable cookies, some services or website functionality may not be available. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to aboutcookies.org. We use the following cookies:
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, and to use online forms.
- Analytical cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Marketing cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences. These cookies also record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website, the advertising displayed on it and communications sent more relevant to your interests.
By continuing to use this site, you are accepting our use of these cookies that make advertising and communications more relevant to you and your interests, and further help us to improve the site.
Your choices and opting-out
Ignition Technology gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product-and service-specific information and Ignition Technology-wide marketing communications. Ignition Technology-wide communications may include new product information, services and events. Ignition Technology provides you the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personal data used for certain purposes when we ask for this information.
If you no longer wish to receive our communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please type “Opt-Out” in the subject-line.
Access to and accuracy of your information
You have certain rights given to you by law, that means you have an amount of control over your personal data that we process.
- Access to Your Personal Data: This right allows you to confirm that your personal data is being processed and to allow you to check if the processing is lawful.
- Correcting Any Mistakes: The right of rectification allows you to instruct an organisation that is processing your personal data, to rectify any mistakes.
- Right to be Forgotten: You have the right to instruct an organisation to erase your personal data.
- Stop Processing: The right to stop the processing of your personal data
- Moving Data: The right to data portability means that under certain circumstances you will be able to ask for your personal data to be transferred from one organisation to another.
- Right to Object to Direct Marketing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Object to Profiling: Under certain circumstances, you are able to object to profiling and/or automated decision making.
Keeping your information secure
Ignition Technology does not guarantee or warrant the security of our servers nor can we guarantee that information you supply through the Ignition Technology Website will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. We follow generally accepted industry technical standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt that information using TLS1.2
In the event that Ignition Technology goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred.
Terms and Conditions
24th May 2018